Hey ladies and gentlemen,
I was fortunate enough to have one of those text messages forwarded to me by a very good friend of mine. When I got the text through I thought to myself this is one of those message that randomly get circulated around Whatsapp, and at first I was a little apprehensive to read it, then I thought, what could it hurt for me to read just one more of these predictable messages.
Boy was I wrong, this message for me was one of the most important messages I believe I could have read, and just at a time when I really needed reminding of this crucial message. The message was entitled Hardcore truths About Marriage by Bishop David Oyedepo. Sometimes we think we know what produces a great marriage, but do we really. Did you ever think that, teamwork, the display of affection you allow your children to see, and spending time to nourish your respective other all have a great impact for a marriage to strive, work out and last? Well I won’t talk too much just read this message below by Bishop David Oyedepo and tell me you’re not inspired and glad to read this word of wisdom.
HARDCORE TRUTH ABOUT MARRIAGE!!! BY BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO
1. There is nothing that threatens the security of a man than the thought of another man competing for the attention and affection of his wife. Nothing is more painful. Nothing is more disrespecting. Nothing is more insulting. Nothing is more belittling and degrading.
2. Marriage flourishes when the couple work together as a team; when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score.
Good marriages don’t just happen. They are a product of hard work.
3. Your children are watching you and forming lasting opinions on love, commitment, and marriage based on what they see in you. Give them hope. Make them look forward to marriage.
4. Husbands: The reason why other women look attractive is because someone is taking good care of them. Grass is always green where it is watered. Instead of drooling over the green grass on the other side of the fence, work on yours and water it regularly. Any man can admire a beautiful woman, but it takes a true gentleman to make a woman admirable and beautiful.
5. When a husband puts his wife first above everyone and everything except God, it gives his wife the sense of security and honor that every wife hungers for.
6. A successful marriage doesn’t require a big house, a perfect spouse, a million dollars or an expensive car. You can have all the above and still have a miserable marriage. A successful marriage requires honesty, undying commitment and selfless love and Jesus at the centre of it all.
7. Pray for your spouse every day; in the morning, in the afternoon and at evening. Don’t wait until there is a problem. Don’t wait until there is an affair. Don’t wait until something bad happens. Don’t wait until your spouse is tempted. Shield your spouse with prayer and cover your marriage with the fence of prayer.
8. The people you surround yourself with have a lot of influence on your marriage. Friends can build or break your marriage; choose them wisely.
9. One spouse cannot build a marriage alone when the other spouse is committed to destroying it. Marriage works when both husband and wife work together as a team to build their marriage.
10. Don’t take your spouse for granted. Don’t take advantage of your spouse’s meekness and goodness. Don’t mistake your spouse’s loyalty for desperation. Don’t misuse or abuse your spouse’s trust. You may end up regretting after losing someone that meant so much to you.
11. Beware of marital advice from single people. Regardless of how sincere their advice may be, most of it is theoretical and not derived from real life experiences. If you really need Godly advice, seek it from God-fearing, impartial and prayerful mature couples whose resolve has been tested by time and shaped by trials.
12. Dear wife, Don’t underestimate the power of the tongue on your marriage. The tongue has the power to crush your marriage or build it up. Don’t let the Devil use your tongue to kill your spouse’s image, self-confidence and aspirations. Let God use your tongue to build up your marriage and bless and praise your spouse.
I know your now thinking wow, that was a powerful message. Isn’t it funny how in one way or another we have probably heard about all these things but we haven’t really taken notice of the advice, or even implemented them in our marriage. Well I really do hope your now feeling enlightened, and blessed by this message. Most importantly remember it for when your experiencing those days when you feel like giving up on your marriage, refer back to this message and use it to encourage and strengthen you.